Plascon Brickseal is a colourless, solvent-based, water-repellent coating, ideal for waterproofing unpainted bricks, concrete, cement, and other masonry surfaces.
Slightly hazy, transparent liquid
Spread rate varies depending on surface.
- Plascon Brickseal is used to waterproof unpainted bricks, stone, concrete, cement plaster, cinder blocks, fibre-cement and other masonry materials.
- It does not change the natural appearance of the substrate.
- Once the solvent has evaporated, a water-repellent lining of Siloxane remains in the pores of the substrate. These pores remain open, allowing air movement and maintaining the natural breathing properties of the material. Siloxane ensures that almost no water is absorbed, resulting in the following benefits:
- Protection against spalling and cracking caused by corrosion of the reinforcing steel.
- Reduced efflorescence.
- Improved thermal retention.
- Impedance of fungal growth.
- Protection of joints from decay caused by acidic industrial atmosphere and frost.
- A newer, cleaner appearance for longer – it prevents staining of stone and brickwork.
- Preservation of the natural appearance.
- When fully cured it may be overcoated with decorative, waterborne topcoats.
Not sure how much paint you'll need? Our Paint Calculator will help you to eliminate the guesswork.
Please provide all measurements in metres.